Hello, sweet friends! This is it: the day before Christmas Eve. Eeep! So excited. Since I grew up in a Mexican family, the day before Christmas is a big deal as we celebrate baby Jesus being born. One of the big traditions in our household is making tamales and other yummy Mexican food. To me, Christmas is those moments in the kitchen prepping all the food, then gathering around the Christmas tree on Christmas Day to open the presents.
As I mentioned in my last Week in the Life post, Mr. ShuGar and I are going on a baby moon to Carmel and Big Sur right after Christmas. Yay! The picture above was taken two years ago on our honeymoon in Australia. Wow! How time flies and now we are taking a vacation before ShuGar Baby comes into our world. So blessed beyond measure. To close out this amazing year, I’d like to reflect on 2013 in relation to the ShuGar Love in my life, which includes all of you!
- didn’t start off easy. Mr. ShuGar and I were trying to have a baby and we encountered several road blocks. This experience brought us closer and made us appreciate what we did have.
- brought the birth of my ShuGar Love blog, which is my heart. Due to our challenges trying to start a family, I decided to start this blog to chronicle our love and our path in marriage. It was a way to write my thoughts down and to, hopefully, connect with others who had similar experiences. Turns out, I had much more to blog about and I have loved every single post since the first letter I typed back in January.
- overall gave my loved ones good health. However, there was a death in our family and we are still saddened by that. Life is truly precious and we must cherish all the small moments we have together. Having our health is an immeasurable gift.
- gave us our ShuGar boy! Our dreams came true and we now have a +1 coming soon. Becoming a mother has given me the most surreal moments of my life. It’s nothing like I imagined; it’s so much more and I haven’t even met him yet! I decided to share this journey through Mommy’s Corner. I hope you have enjoyed it.
- inspired me to write profusely. I have never felt so in touch with the writer in me more than in 2013. I have written over 100 posts! Years ago, I could barely find time to write a diary entry once a year. Some of the highlights of my blog this year have been:
- My first post ever about my baby dreams
- Reflecting on my first and second year of marriage
- Sharing my love for my family here, here, and here
- Once a traveler, always a traveler
- I heart fashion via ShuGar Fix Mondays, like Dotty Madness and Head Bling
- Exploring my film love and photo love
- Collaborating with rad mama bloggers
- The ShuGar Love blog makeover!
Most importantly, I want to thank each and every one of you for reading, sharing, commenting, or just visiting my little blog. Blogging has quickly become my favorite and I am grateful for all of you who have taken the time to be a part of ShuGar Love. I know I have the best followers in the world!
A final thank you hug goes to Mr. ShuGar for being my most ardent blog supporter. He is my editor, photographer, avid reader, and overall best hubs in the universe. Mr. ShuGar – my life is filled with joy and immense love because of you. You inspire my heart and I am forever yours.
2014 is going to be a super awesome year for all of us, the highlight being the birth of our little man! I have some pretty cool things planned for the blog, which include revealing a Love Project, more actively seeking blog sponsorships, attending a blog workshop, and collaborating with more fabulous bloggers. I hope you enjoyed this year with me and I look forward to more ShuGar Love after the New Year!
How as 2013 for you? Any highlights you’d like to share? Do you have any fun plans for 2014?
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad, Happy New Year, and Feliz Año Nuevo!
P.S. Join us on our baby moon here!
Photo credit: Peter Shushtari