TODAY’S LOVE TOPIC:
Summer is almost here! What fun memories do you associate with summer? What do you love doing during this season? Do you have any fun summer plans? Share your summer heart with us.
Hello, sweet readers! Have I mentioned how much I love Thursdays? I love talking about love with you.
Summer is by far my favorite season. Maybe it’s because I was born in June or maybe it’s because L.A summers are the absolute best. There’s always something fun to do outside. I think now it’s one of the best seasons for me because we were married in the summer so I will forever equate this season with love.
This summer we have no huge traveling plans. However, we do have lots of social commitments with our family and friends visiting our Camden Boy, including some of Mr. ShuGar’s family. So excited to welcome them to our home and have them meet our love! My sis is also getting married this month so that’s kind of a big deal. I am so happy to celebrate my sis finding her true love. We also have some date nights planned, which I am anxiously awaiting as I feel we need more time with just the two of us. A marriage always needs nurturing.
When I think of summer, the following comes to mind:
- The rhythmic sound of a fan in the background lulling me to sleep
- Childhood splashes in our mini plastic pools with the sun beaming on us
- The taste of pineapple, strawberry, mango, tamarindo, or jamaica juice
- Daddy grilling some delicious, succulent carne asada for a family gathering
- Metallic sandals paired with cute dresses and shorts
- Blowing out my birthday candles to celebrate my day always filled with so much love from family and friends
- Marrying the love of my life
- Record temps convincing me to take epic long naps in my bedroom
- Slip and sliding with my sis when we didn’t have a care in the world
- Visiting family in Mexico and enjoying fun bonding time
- Movie nights at the Hollywood Forever cemetery
- Cycling along the beach and feeling the beauty of the ocean water in the air
- Museum hopping to view the latest exhibit
- Long, lazy days of collapsing on the couch because it’s just too hot to do anything else
- Trips to Michigan to visit Mr. ShuGar’s family and embracing the love from all of them
- Embarking on road trips in the gorgeous state of Michigan, while visiting Mr. ShuGar’s family and going where the road takes us without any stress or attention to schedules
- Indie movie nights and classic revival nights in the hippest L.A. movie houses
- Hollywood Bowl concerts from the Grease Sing-a-Long (see pic below of my sis, mom, and I), to Beatles Tribute concerts, to the spectacular fireworks shows. Wine, great food, and even better company are always a part of our picnics.
- Lots of hugs and kisses from my Mr. ShuGar
This summer, I am looking forward to sharing my heart with Mister Camden and hopefully one day partaking in many of these memories with him.
TODAY’S DISCUSSION TOPIC:
When you think of summer, what comes to mind? Do you have any sweet summer traditions you look forward to every year? What are your fond summer memories?
NEXT WEEK’S ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE PROJECT SUGGESTED TOPIC:
Father’s Day is upon us so let’s dedicate a day to honoring those daddy and daddy figures who have made a special impact in our lives. Who is a daddy you love and admire? What constitutes the definition of a dad? More and more research has proven the importance of a father figure in a child’s life. In your opinion, why is this so valuable? Let’s show our daddies some love!
Interested in spreading more lovin’ today? You can linkup your love post below. Post a pic on facebook/instagram/twitter/google + about today’s love topic or anything that inspires your heart. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #allyouneedisloveproject so we can follow you! You can also post any lovely pins to the pinterest board All You Need is Love Project. Be part of love discussions with the All You Need is Love Project Facebook Group.
Join the love revolution below. Ready, set, love!
Photo credit: Grease, Garcia Family – Peter Shushtari