Mr. ShuGar and I recently joined a book club with two other couples. I reviewed our first book club choice here. These couples are close friends of ours and we are really enjoying being a part of a group of book nerds, like ourselves. I am so impressed with how smart our friends are. They are extremely expressive and said the most insightful things about our last book. So inspiring! I also just love being held accountable to read a great book, and then to have a platform to discuss it among friends. How often do we get a chance to share our thoughts after you read a book?
We’ve already completed our first book club round when we read and discussed Blankets by Craig Thompson. Mr. ShuGar and I were the hosts and we had lots of fun planning the dialogue and activities around the themes of the book. There were literal and figurative blankets involved in our first book club meeting 🙂
I would like to share the nominees for our second book club round. They are:
- Glaciers By: Alexis Smith
- Gone Girl By: Gillian Flynn
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? By: Mindy Kaling
- Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls By: David Sedaris
- Oryx and Crake By: Margaret Atwood
- The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail – but Some Don’t By: Nate Silver
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War By: Max Brooks
And the book club winner is………..
Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls By: David Sedaris
Once we have our next book club meeting in the next few months, I will share my personal review of the book. In the meantime, feel free to enjoy your summer reading with any (or all) of the nominees. I also invite you to share your thoughts about any of the books, but please no spoilers!
Happy reading and Happy Friday!